- You wish there were more than 24 hours in a day, just so you can keep those "home", "work", "personal" plates spinning in balance
- They know you by name at Starbucks
- Your hands are chapped from all the papers you are grading, and passing back
- You've been called "mom" or "dad" by someone other than your child(ren)
- You know when there's a full moon outside, or a front blowing through without having to consult weather bug.
And my favorite....
- You love the smell of freshly sharpened #2 pencils....
I hope you all have been having a great start to your year so far! I have been super busy with a couple new classes I am teaching this year, but I am in love with my school and my students, so I feel super blessed.
This past Friday we had a test review in my class, and since my classroom is "flipped", the students came in with the test review knowledge and we are then able to play a fun game or something. Since I also teach speech, I thought it would be the PERFECT opportunity to incorporate some aspects of public speaking into the lesson! :D
I divided the 20 question review among my students (since my 1st period has only 10 kids - yes, I know it's small.... I teach at a private Christian school....) and I gave each group of 2 four questions to master and then after 10 minutes, I had each group go up and teach the rest of the class how to do them.
What sorts of things do you do to build math fluency??