And might I add.... IT WAS A BLAST!!!
Far more fun than I anticipated! And if you ask any of the students, they had fun too!
Here's some of the things we did this summer: (of course each grade level varied on the content)
- Math Horse (with math facts)
- Tangram puzzles to build problem solving
- Math fact beach ball
- Fraction scavenger hunts
- Dice games to build operational skills (highly recommend the game I foung called "Salamander Shootout" - this also worked with my middle school kids)
- And of course, the ever popular Fact Race game
- Checkers problem solving puzzle (found at Dr. Mikes games for kids)
- Fractions, decimals & percents scavenger hunt and race game
- Math Maze
- Honeycomb magic square
- Marcy Cook's Double tiles and Order of Operation tiles
- Math horse with fractions
- Nerf gun graphing
- Factoring (algebra review)
- Formulas (algebra review)
- Radicals and Polynomials (algebra review)
I cannot wait until next summer to elaborate more on what I did and to have more students take part in making their summer meaningful!!! Here's to school starting in a couple weeks!